Both as an organisational consultant and academic, Kate is interested in research and analysis of organisational policies and practices that make workplaces more effective without loss of humanity and relationship.
She consults with organisations regarding workplace change, aiming to introduce it in an atmosphere of trust and disclosure and she writes on topics related to values at work, women and leadership, the impact of previous work cultures on the present, group dynamics, collaboration and competition, leadership and the ethos of public service.
In addition, Kate is interested in the nexus between formal education and practical application of learning in workplaces.
For smaller projects, Kate will work with you directly. For larger projects, she has a network of trusted consultants with whom she collaborates regularly. She can form a specialist team to suit your needs.
Click on the links below to find out more.
Collaborative Working Style
Kate Dempsey & Associates has developed a style of consultancy whereby work is conducted in close conduct with the client. All key stakeholders are involved in the process and an outcome is produced which is practical and achievable for the group when the consultancy is completed.
This approach means costs are kept low, the project generates a high degree of consensus in its development and on-site staff learn new skills throughout. The result is high quality outcomes.
We offer consultation in leadership and management development for organisations, large and small in the government, private and not for profit sectors. We prefer to work with you to develop a project that can provide lasting and meaningful change in your organisation. We do not subscribe to a particular view of management or leadership, but rather work with you to develop your organisation in a way that ensures success for you.
Kate Dempsey & Associates guarantees:
- Outcomes tailored to your specific needs, timelines and budget
- Consistent, high quality outcomes
- Time spent appraising your needs with you for no charge
- Work directly with your staff to use scarce resources to best effect
- A multi-disciplinary team brought to the task
- Competitive rates (paid by the hour, day, week or on completion of the project)
Kate Dempsey & Associates is committed to the highest ethical standards.
Kate Dempsey & Associates will:
- Use due care and diligence in performing its consulting role.
- Disclose any potential conflict of interest to the client.
- Perform its services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide honest advice at all times.
- Undertake to maintain regular contact with the client in the course of a project.
- Undertake to inform the client of any matter which may arise in the course of a project which may change the expected focus or outcome.
- Maintain confidentiality.